1000 Books Before
Welcome to 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Club! This free program encourages you to read 1000 books with your child before he or she enters school -- a goal experts say children need to help them learn to read for themselves.
One of the best ways to encourage learning is to spend time sharing books everyday. Reading together helps develop important pre-reading skills that provide a solid reading foundation -- a key to school and learning success. Plus, sharing stories together is fun!
Here are the easy steps for participation:
1. Read together
2. Write the titles on your colored Plant a Learning Seed, Read sheet. If you read a book more than once, you can record it each time. Books read at library storytime, at daycare or by others to your child also count!
3. When you finish 100 books, bring your sheet to the library and
- Receive a free book
- Collect your next color of the rainbow page
4. Repeat steps 1-3 and receive a different book and rainbow page at each level.
5. Your child will receive a free book for each Plant a Learning Seed, Read sheet turned in. When you enroll in this club you will receive a free canvas bag to carry your books to and from the library, because we know you will be visiting the library often in order to reach your goal.
6. After finishing 1000 books, your child
- Receives a book and certificate
- Gets an awesome jump start on success in school
This club has no end date except your child’s going to school, so don’t feel rushed-just enjoy the experience!
See Leslie Sutherland at the Carroll County Public Library for more information or to enroll in the B4K program.
CARROLL COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY | 136 COURT STREET, CARROLLTON, KY 41008
PHONE: 502 - 732 - 7020 | FAX: 502 - 732 - 7122
MONDAY, TUESDAY & THURSDAY: 9:30AM TO 8:00PM
WEDNESDAY: 8:30AM TO 7:00PM
FRIDAY - SATURDAY: 9:30AM TO 5:00PM
© 2013 CCPL Browser and system compatibility.